International Night Friday

Anna-Marie DiPasquale

As at last year’s International Night celebration, shown here, many participants in the 2022 event will dress in traditional clothing representing countries of family origin.

This year’s International Night will take place Friday, May 27, at 5 p.m., here at Concord High School.

The annual event is sponsored by Be the Change Club, a a multicultural club that helps students get involved and in touch with their cultures and the cultures of other people.

Participants bring familiar foods, play games, dress in cultural clothing, and perform music and dancing. 

The event is free and open to all members of the CHS community: students, parents and other relatives, teachers, and so on.

“This is my first year being in Be the Change, and I think it’a cool that we get to have something like this, especially in a space where, you know, we don’t get to see much culture everyday at school,” said Simron Sherpa, a CHS freshman. She will be participating in performances during  Friday evening’s event.

Sadaf Khan says, another ninth-grader planning to take part, said, “I want everyone to come out and celebrate with us. We would love for there to be lots of people and have a good time.”

“Being in a space where I’m able to be myself and represent my people is very exciting, and I think that I feel more comfortable in that space as well” said Shukurani Masimango, also a freshman.

• International Night always includes dancing and celebration on stage. Shown here are participants in last year’s event.

• Diana Nishimwe, Hope Elonga and Meta Mako enjoyed festivities at last year’s International Night.

• Kalpana Chhetri and Hema Darjee represent Nepal at International Night 2021.

• Shumbu Emmable, right, poses with a friend, Kelly, at International Night 2021.

• Lochana Sharma performs last year outside at International Night 2021. Sharma graduated shortly thereafter.

• Like last year’s International Night celebration, shown here, the 2022 event will feature music and dance.

• Sisters Arshdeep Kaur and Gursimran Kaur from India perform a dance at last year’s International Night.

• Like last year’s International Night celebration, shown here, the 2022 event will feature delicious foods for people to enjoy.

• As at last year’s International Night celebration, shown here, many participants in the 2022 event will dress in traditional clothing representing countries of family origin.

• Like last year’s International Night celebration, shown here, the 2022 event will bring people together to celebrate the many cultures that make up the Concord community.