Concord High School, Concord, New Hampshire

The Crimson Review

The Crimson Review

Scholars celebrate

NH Scholars 2014

New Hampshire Scholars from schools across New Hampshire gathered at the Fisher Cats game Tuesday, May 13, to celebrate their accomplishments and watch some minor league baseball game. These high school seniors received this recognition because they completed all of the core courses recommended by New Hampshire Scholars as necessary for acceptance at most four-year colleges: 4 English, 3 Science, 3 Mathematics, 3.5 Social Studies, and 2 Language classes. “New Hampshire Scholars targets students in the mid-50% range (25% to 75%) of High School population with the goals of increasing the number of students pursuing post-secondary education, decreasing the number of students choosing to drop out of high school, and better equipping students who choose to go directly into the workplace or the military upon graduation from high school,” according to the program website. Concord High School students represented their school by wearing crimson or team athletic wear. Jacob Bemis, for example, wore his lacrosse jacket while Ryan Daniels sported his jacket from football. “It’s too bad the weather isn’t warmer today, but this is still so much better than being in class,” said Emily Lafond. Although it rained off and on throughout the event, seniors were grateful to have a day off from school.