Concord High School, Concord, New Hampshire

The Crimson Review

The Crimson Review

End the word

Concord High School’s Week of Action continues Wednesday, April 19, with Best Buddies’ “Spread The Word to End The Word” campaign.
The campaign asks students to make a pledge to not use words that degrade those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDDs).
Those participating in the campaign are encouraged to wear purple to show their support.
The Best Buddies Club at CHS has partnered with other school clubs and organizations, such as Feminism Now and Be The Change, in order to promote awareness and inspire change for the causes that many of the high school’s students believe in.
Best Buddies, along with the other clubs represented during the Week of Action, will have activities to promote their cause at all lunches during their specified day of action.
Monday’s focus was on Feminism Now’s “Yes Means Yes” campaign. Today, Tuesday, Concord High’s Be the Change Club is helping New American students share their stories through “Understanding Refugee Resettlement” activities.
On Thursday the Enviro Corps is engaging students and staff with Earth Day-related activities, including a clean-up of the campus and surrounding areas. Friday the focus is on Day of Silence activities sponsored by Tide Pride and on a letter writing campaign led by Amnesty International.