Concord High School, Concord, New Hampshire

The Crimson Review

The Crimson Review

Tide Puck says final goodbyes

Captain Delana Erickson Smiles as she says goodbye

Banquet and tradition.: two words that define what we have at Concord High School every year, every season, every sport.
At the conclusion of each season, coaches and players gather to reminisce on a team’s accomplishments. Frequently the celebration involves a meal, pictures and awards.
The girls’ varsity ice hockey team proved no exception late this winter, holding its annual banquet Monday, March 13, in the CHS Student Center.
Captain and senior forward Delana Erickson, left, laughs with a teammate before a pasta dinner in celebration of a 13-7 season that saw victories over Manchester Central, ConVal-Conant, Souhegan, Bishop Brady-Trinity-West, Bishop Guertin, Keene, Kingswood, Lebanon-Stevens and Oyster River-Portsmouth.
“It’s been a great season, plenty of laughs, a lot of hard work and  a lot of fun,” said head coach Stacy Landry.
Players and their parents worked hard to transform the cafeteria into a festive space for the night’s celebration.
The tables of the hockey banquet were decorated with centerpieces made for each individual player. The centerpieces were filled with goodies and candy for players to take home and and enjoy as they reminisced about the season.
Sophomore Lillian Vezina, a forward on the team, worked diligently with her mother to decorate the tables prior to the start of the banquet, something she has done for two years now.
“It’s really rewarding seeing their faces light up when they see the candy-filled baskets covering the tables,” she said.
Vezina is one of five sophomores on this year’s squad, which graduated five seniors at the end of its season: Erickson, forward Ally Poulin, defender Gabrielle McDonald, forward Shannon Prospert and guard Madysen Audet (author of this article).
Four juniors and four freshmen completed the Crimson Tide team.
Erickson and assistant captains McDonald and Jillian Dusseault, a junior defender, are shown at left giving final goodbye speeches to their coaches.
Erickson and McDonald thanked Landry and assistant coach Dave Boudrias as they thought back to the incredible season the team had.
Fourth-seeded Concord made it to the final four for the first time in six years to battle top seeded Exeter.
“We gave it our all this year, this was the best season yet,” said Erickson. 
Erickson closed out the season with six goals while McDonald closed the season out with three.

McDonald, shown at left looking at a crimson “A” celebrating her assistant captain position,  joined the team as a freshman who had never touched a puck in her life.