Concord High School, Concord, New Hampshire

The Crimson Review

The Crimson Review

Sign up now for CHS Idol

Students interested in performing in Concord High School’s upcoming CHS Idol competition need to sign up now.
The Wednesday, Nov. 30, event is open to all students, but only 12 to 15 students will be accepted to perform that night from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Christa McAuliffe Auditorium.
The winner of the competition will win a prize chosen by the Senior Class, which sponsors the event. Prizes in the past often consisted of gift cards. Last year, the winner was Madison Simpson. Emily Schwarz came in second and Felicia Berry placed third.
Sign ups are first come, first serve and all students are welcome. To sign up, visit Lisa Lamb, administrative assistant to the principal, in the main office.
Lam co-advises the Senior Class with Commons D program assistant Dawn Hodges, who said the evening should be a lot of fun. “I think CHS has an enormous amount of talent and it’s a great night to showcase that talent.”
That talent also includes a few faculty members. Permanent substitute teacher Cynthia Fish will serve on the judging panel at the event but also will sing, Lamb said.
Senior Devon Rinaldi has already signed up for CHS Idol and plans to sign “Hold Me Down” by Halsey. He says he’s looking forward to the upcoming show: “I’m nervous and excited.” 
“It’s so much fun and there’s so much support from everyone,” said Lamb.
Other upcoming Senior Class events include a Techno Dance on Saturday, Jan. 21.